Stack Exchange is a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites (in their own words). There are a lot of them and more are coming. The most relevant of them, in relation to this blog, are probably MathOverflow, Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, and StackOverflow.
I recently looked through those sites for interesting questions tagged big-list. These questions typically encourage many different answers. I recommend the following:
- A single math paper everyone should read
- Examples of common false beliefs in mathematics
- Math puzzles for dinner
- Math proofs without words
- Colorful language in serious math papers
- Counter-intuitive theorems that can be translated into everyday language
- Computer science books everyone should read
- Recent computer science books with online drafts available
- Computer science papers everyone should read
- Lecture notes in computer science everyone should read
- Videos on computer science everyone should watch
- Algorithms from “The Book”
Feel free to leave a comment with your own recommendations.